All courses are $97 each for a full year of online access!
See course descriptions below:
This course will help you see and understand your manager’s particular characteristics clearly while learning to respond, initiate and pace your communications in ways that bring out the best for both of you.
- Recognize boss’s needs
- Communicate necessary information or solicit necessary information from your boss to address his/her requests
- Engage the boss in problem solving or trouble shooting on issues of concern
- Communicate in a way that shows your boss you want to meet the business objectives and satisfy customers
Lead for results – In Lead for results, you will learn what, how, why, and when to measure efforts towards a goal and armed with your data, how to build a climate of continuous improvement with clarity and courage.
- Use numbers, not activities to measure business outcomes
- Be accountable for reaching results
- Courageously address problems and uphold standards
- Balance coaching with encouragement and challenge
Diagnose team performance – In this course you will learn what motivates people, how to deal effectively with a variety of behaviours and tips to bring out the best in your team members. Who wouldn’t feel more confident with these strategies in their back pocket?
- Correctly diagnose team member performance problems
- Provide clear direction, monitoring and follow up
- Listen, paraphrase, and respond respectfully
- Balance comfort and challenge for each team member
Build Team – This course shows how trust is built and maintained in the workplace, how to recognize and use talents and then use the talents of the team to solve workplace problems.
- Gain and maintain trust
- Develop an eye for talent
- Encourage team excellence
- Solving team problems
Solve issues in a timely manner – In this course you will learn why you might be avoiding conflict and what to do about it based on your own personal conflict style. You will also make a strong connection between productivity and timeliness that few other strategies address.
- Why managers avoid dealing with conflict and what to do about it
- Seeing the difference between technical and adaptive issues
- Productivity and timeliness
- Juggling multiple roles without losing focus
This is a self-study course based on four one-hour video sessions with tip sheets, guidelines and helpful pdf resources that can be downloaded from the site.
SESSION 1: Effective Meetings Overview
SESSION 2: Effective Meetings “Must-Haves”
SESSION 3: Use Your Team Talents, Now.
SESSION 4: Managing Difficult People in Meetings
- leadership skills
- career smarts
- communication savvy
- conflict management
- cultural competency